Thursday, July 3, 2014

Chihuly in Denver

I haven't written on this blog in a while. I've been back home in the US, specifically in New Mexico. There was a lot to get accomplished over the last four months, but I was able to take a bit of time to go visit some doggy-friends in both Taos, and Boulder, Colorado. The people weren't too bad either!

In Denver, one of the things I wanted to see is the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Denver Botanical Gardens. He is a world-famous glass blower/artist/designer whose work I have admired for many years. A lovely collection of his work is in the Spencer Theater for the Performing Arts in Ruidoso, NM. And I've seen other smallish collections in various museums and galleries around the world.

But nothing set me up for the incredible installations at the Botanical Gardens. If you are a traveler and have any chance to go to Denver this summer or fall, you will want to make a trip to see this.

Nuff said. Here are some pictures!

Water collection with wonderful reflections

Like something from an alien world

Most of the time glass in the river is a bad thing.

Amazing balls just floating amongst the lilies

In front of a wall fountain, industrial blossoms

Tower of glass

Chihuly with Not-Chihuly

Pink water lily and strange friend

1 comment: